* Same bar will mount on PCB's with different hole locations.
* Eliminate close tolerances between mounting holes on PCB's.
* In most cases, the stiffener will occupy less precious real estate on the PCB
* Can be mounted over insulated spacers to clear copper traces or wire adds.
* Can be anodized different colors for coding.
* Ideal PCB label area, when used on read edge of PCB.
* Strong and light-weight.
* Clean, professional appearance.
* Rivet mounting reduces assembly time.
* Can also be used as a heat sink or power/ground bus. (Use metal spacers and washers)
The Universal Printed Circuit Board Stiffener system has been operated and tested under severe vibration conditions.
The Typical PCB Stiffener:
Most PCB stiffeners are constructed with a rectangular bar with drilled and tapped holes. Drilling and tapping holes in a bar is expensive. Assembling with screws is time consuming.
Compufab has reduced this assembly time with the design of an ingenious bar shape that will accept a rivet anywhere along its length. Experience has shown that most existing PCB designs using stiffeners can adopt this new stiffener with no changes.
Omni PCB is pleased to be working with Compufab and their unique product, The Universal Stiffener™ This is an aluminum bar which can function as a mechanical PCB stiffener, a heat transfer device or an electrical bus bar. The Universal Stiffener™ fastens to a PCB with machine screws or rivets anywhere along the length of the bar. The Universal Stiffener™ is a lower cost alternative to machined fiberglass or machined metal PCB stiffening devices.
Compufab developed a New Universal Stiffener which does all the things a PCB stiffener should do, with the added advantage of time saving rivet assembly. The stiffeners are designed specifically to use Avdel Textron Inc. Briv® 1800 series rivets.
Contact us: 507-332-9932 ** 856-384-1300 EMAIL WOSB Certified