Zeta Cap is low profile foil coated with polyimide film
A HDI build up material
Zeta Lam = Copper foil + C Stage Film + B Stage Layer
Primary applications for Zeta Lam are density and fine pitch
* No glass weave = no wicking, via to via and via to trace spacing can be smaller than before.
* Thin = via diameters down to 2 mils ( 50 microns) and still platable by the PCB shop.
* Low profile copper (<2.5 microns) = easier to etch fine lines.
* More layers in a given thickness; each dielectric layer adds only 14, 27 or 40 microns in thickness depending on C-stage choice.
* Thinner layers with the same impedance due to lower Dk without glass fabric, no signal skew.
Zeta Cap is used as an outerlayer foil substitute to prevent pad cratering in PCBs which occurs primarily under the solder balls in BGAs.
How does Zeta Cap work serving as a barrier to block Pad Cratering?
Board designs subject to Pad Cratering:
Contact us: 507-332-9932 ** 856-384-1300 EMAIL WOSB Certified